Policies and Forms
- Patients are seen by scheduled appointment. This allow to prepare the visit and to dedicate specific time for each patient. We request that patients arrive 15 min prior to their appointment time to complete the needed paperwork. There is a 15 min grace period, if patient gets late to the appointment. If patients need to reschedule or cancel the appointment patients are required to contact the office 24 hours prior to the appointment. These allow the Practice to provide to other patients. There is a $ 20.00 penalty fee for no-show without notifying the Office ahead of time.
- Patients are asked to bring the medications, the insurance card, their personal contact information, including their e-mail, preferred pharmacy and the if applicable the pertinent co-pay. The co- pay is due at the time of the visit.
- Patient receives reminders of the upcoming appointments.
- The patients receive the personal attention of Dr. Gonzalez or Dr. Ares, as per their choice. The Medical Assistants assist the doctors to provide a comprehensive care.
- Enough time if allowed to addressed patients concerns and medical problems. If medically necessary, a follow appointment will be scheduled to complete any additional concerns or issues.
- An electronic prescription system is used to send the patients medications directly to the Pharmacy. Medications refills are provided to active patients, seen within 6 months in the Office. If more than 6 months have lapsed patient might need a clinical reevaluation prior to receive more medication refills.
- The doctors will order laboratories as clinically indicated. Patients need to go to a nearby laboratory to drawn the blood and the office will receive the results electronically within 24-48 hrs.
Referrals and Diagnostic Studies
- If medically appropriate the doctors will send patients to any needed specialist or diagnostic studies. The Practice, will assist patient to choose competent specialists and referred them to Diagnostic facilities and will get the require authorization from the Insurance company if need be.
- The doctors review and address all the results of studies ordered and address them as needed. The patient may be recall to be seen immediately or would be given an appointment to be evaluated in the near future. They may be ordered further studies or medications.
- The doctors have admitting privileges in the New York Presbyterian hospital of Queens and participate in the Community Network of Elmhurst Medical Center.
Surgeries and Other Procedures
- Patients are encouraged to contact the office if they are going to undergo a surgical or procedure to provide a medical evaluation or clearance if necessary.
Medical Forms and Letters
- The Practice will assist patients to feel medical documents, 7-10 days have to be allowed for the completion. There is a fee associated to this service. The office may provide medical excuses upon request.
Please see below for downloadable forms to facilitate your visit.